Sunday, July 19, 2009

Killer Nashville 2009

I'll be attending the Killer Nashville writer's conference this year from August 14-16th. For more information on Killer Nashville, visit www.killernashville.com. The keynote speaker this year is J.A. Jance.

Those of you who read this blog know that I wrote about Killer Nashville last year. I had a blast last year, I learned a lot, and I'd recommend this conference to anyone interested in writing fiction. Although the conference is geared toward the mystery/crime/thriller field, there are enough topics presented to be a wonderful conference overall for both beginning writers and seasoned writers. Even for people who write in completely different genres, there are useful panels and presentations on things like firearms, poisons, police procedure, forensic anthropology, strengthening writing skills, and pitch sessions available with an editor and an agent.

I also met a few people last year with whom I'm still in contact within the world of writing. Conferences are a great way to network.

No comments: