Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wow

I just returned from a trip to the Smoky Mountains. My conclusion is that everyone should see them in the autumn while the trees are changing colors at least once in one's lifetime. There is no way that pictures I took will be able to do the sight justice. I may put them up on the blog once I've had a chance to veg from the trip.

I smiled a lot during the trip. Other than the driving that my husband and I crammed into a weekend, I had a blast.

Ten Things That Make Me Smile For Today:

  • Splashes of color along hundreds of miles of landscape
  • Carvings of black bears
  • Cherokee, NC
  • Panning for emeralds
  • Being a tourist
  • Creeks
  • Seeing the stuffed teddy bear, wearing a shower cap, in an old basin in the shop.
  • Letting my hubby drive
  • A comfortable bed in the hotel
  • Stopping alongside the road to take pictures, then pulling the burrs out of my pants from the ditch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah that is quite a beautiful sight, however, having lived up North for many years... I also hated it because it meant winter was just around the corner and I HATE cold weather!