Saturday, August 16, 2008

Killer Nashville Days One and Two

Killer Nashville has been amazing so far! There are so many things I have learned that I don't know where to start. All of the speakers so far have been incredible. I'll probably write separate blog posts for several days with one per workshop because the information has been fantastic and the speakers so charismatic. My biggest high so far in the conference was my pitch session. One of the people I pitched to said her publishing house didn't take erotica, but that my plot sounds like something she would buy as a reader!

Also, I have learned that I have some drastic rewriting to do, which I expected on at least some level. There is definitely a big learning curve in my case. I have felt like such a newbie all weekend, but I'm okay with that.

Networking is also very interesting. I would consider myself shy by nature, as I suspect many writers are. Everyone I've met so far has been very supportive and told me that attending conferences is a great tool to learn about the profession.

I've also gained a lot of respect for TBI and law enforcement in general. Wow! I'll write more after the conference is over with specifics.

No comments: